WWE World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What If? X

2 posters

Go down

What If? X Empty What If? X

Post  Ellie Colton Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:28 pm

(This follows What If? III)

It had been about two years now since Punk returned to his family after being in the army. Being that Ellie was friends with him and Lacy, she still was around for them whenever she could be. Plus, she was basically Brandon’s aunt and spent a lot of time with him; babysitting, having him sleepover, spoiling him and so on. She loved that little boy.

While she was originally living close to them, she ended up moving about 20 minutes away which wasn’t much but it was still a bit of a difference when she used to live about 5 minutes from them before. Besides moving, she kept busy by also working as a photographer. She worked for a studio and did photo sessions for individuals and families when scheduled and she also did events. With the exception of seeing Punk, Lacy and Brandon, she didn’t really do much. But she was doing her best.

The studio she worked for was in a mall and she had just returned from her break. While she had a busy morning, her afternoon was clear and she had some time to kill. Ellie decided she would just reorganize and set up the photo area for the next day's sessions. There were some items laying around as she used them for her earlier sessions; since the studio did a lot of photo sessions for babies and toddlers, she liked to use toys and stuffed animals to keep them entertained and less cranky.

As she was reorganizing, she heard a child crying. It was pretty common for kids to cry while at the mall but something didn't sound right. She looked over and saw a bunch of adults stepping around and walking past the little girl; they didn't care or just didn't pay her any mind, worried about their shopping. It was a shame because the little girl was clearly scared and lost since she started to call out for her Dad.

Seeing that no one was going to help and there was no security guard around at the moment, Ellie decided to help the best she could. Putting the items down, she decided to leave the studio for a second to at least bring the little girl over, which is exactly what she did. She walked her over and then crouched down to talk to her and try to calm her down.

“Hi sweetie.” She said as she smiled softly at the child. "What's your name?”

"Sophia." the little girl responded as she tried to calm down but did that struggling to breathe thing kids did when they cried a lot. “I can’t find my Daddy.” She said as she used her hand to wipe her face.

“Okay, Sophia. Well, how about we try to find him then, huh? Do you remember where you both were before you got lost?”

"I dunno. Daddy was buying me some shoes and then I saw the big teddy and wanted to play with it." she pointed. "But then there were too many people and I couldn't find my Daddy." she cried.

Ellie looked over at where Sophia was pointing to and realized she was talking about the teddy bear that was in their studio. If Sophia was in a store with her Dad, that meant that it was across. There were a few kid stores across from them and rather than walk around to each store looking for him, she decided they would stay put and she would call instead. “Okay, well we will find him, okay?" she told Sophia, who nodded. Ellie handed her a tissue to wipe her eyes and clean her nose. "I'm going to call all the kid stores and try to find him but while I do that, why don't you play with the toys."

Ellie then walked Sophia over to where the toys and teddy bear was. "This is the one you saw, right?" she asked, grabbing the teddy bear.

"Uh huh." Sophia nodded.

"Well then here." Ellie said, giving it to her. "Now you can keep it." she smiled. "You go ahead and play with it and all the other toys."

Sophia let out a smile this time, finally feeling a little calmer. "Okay!" she said. "I'm going to play with this toy." she said, pointing at some random one and then doing just that.

"Go for it." Ellie laughed a bit. "I'll be right here, calling the stores." she told her and then walked back to the desk area. She picked up the phone and called the store extensions, notifying them of Sophia. Each store said they would make an announcement and see if her father was around, letting him know to go across to the photo studio.

Once Ellie finished, she went over by Sophia and sat down on the floor. "Okay, now we will wait for your Dad to show up." If he didn't leave, lol. "What are we playing?"

"Barbies?"

"Sure, I like barbies." Ellie said, grabbing one and playing with Sophia. Hopefully her father would find her soon.
Ellie Colton
Ellie Colton
Exclusive Updater
Exclusive Updater

Sagittarius Goat

Back to top Go down

What If? X Empty Re: What If? X

Post  Colt Cabana Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:40 pm

"Damn it, Annie's gonna kill me."

It all happened so fast: he told Sophie to stay put while he tried to find a pair of shoes her size. When he looked back down to help her try the shoes on, she was gone!

So, he's spent the last 30 minutes running in and out of every store looking for his daughter. "Sophie?!" he'd half-yell in the middle of a store, and when the only response he received was the confused stares of shoppers, he wordlessly walked out to move on to the next store. How was he supposed to explain to his family that he lost his kid? Jesus, his mom was going to kill him. His grandma was going to kill him. Her grandma was going to kill him. That's what he got for letting her talk him out of bringing the stroller with them. She might have been a "big girl" but "big girls" also need some restraint, as Scott would learn the hard way.

After visiting what felt like the 10,000th store in this big ass mall, he plopped down in an empty seat in the food court and dropped his head in his hands. His eyes ran hot with tears and he pressed the heels of his palms into his eyes to keep from crying. He was really trying not to lose his shit in the middle of this big ass mall and he hadn't yet lost hope, but he was definitely frustrated. It seemed like life always had some weird ass curveball to throw at him. It'd been that way since he got home.

His sweet, precious little Sophia... he couldn't lose her yet... he'd just gotten her. Sophia was the result of a brief, but intense love affair Scott had with a woman named Lisa right before his deployment. Much like Phil and Lacy when they first met, he felt as if he was running on borrowed time and crammed about five years of a relationship into six months. They were living with each other within a month of meeting each other and were attached at the hip from that point on. In the days leading up to his deployment, Scott's relationship with Lisa deteriorated rapidly to the point that she tried to fight him on his last day home. It ended up being a whole ordeal that ended with the police coming and taking Lisa away, but not in handcuffs.

They had very little to no contact throughout his entire assignment. Lord knows he tried - despite all of the drama, he still loved her and was trying to keep the possibility of a spark alive for his return home. She wasn't having it though, and their relationship remained strained. Imagine his surprise then when, upon his return home, he learned that she had a child... his child, that she apparently had no interest in taking care of. He'd gotten the call from Lisa's mom Annie, who had been caring for Sophie at the time and decided that Scott had a right to know about his daughter. Lisa had unfortunately decided to go on her own path after Scott left, and after delivering a healthy baby, had practically vanished into thin air. He was shocked, but ultimately decided to step up to the plate and be a father after confirming his paternity. Fast forward two years, Scott had full custody of Sophia and was madly in love with her. That was his baby.

So, his frustration was understandable. He took a deep breath (okay, several breaths) to collect himself before he picked his head up, blinking as his eyes adjusted to the bright lights in the mall once again. Jsut as he was getting up to continue his search, he heard an announcement come in over the mall's intercom system:"Hello Shoppers. There is a lost child looking for her parents. She is three years old, and she's wearing a pink and white sweat shirt and blue jeans. Parents, please visit the mall security office for more information. Thank you.

Thank God for cardio and conditioning, because Scott got up and sprinted as quickly as he could. He felt a little twinge in his ankle as he took awkward steps down the stairs, but that would have to wait until later. He ran (and ran, and ran, it felt like, in this big ass mall) until he got to the security office and stopped at the front desk. "Hi, I'm here for my daughter, Sophia?" he asked frantically, wiping the sweat from his forehead. "I heard the announcement and I've been looking for her and-- where is my baby???"

"Sir, please," the woman behind the counter interjected, looking at him sympathetically. Normally they'd have to ask a series of questions to confirm the child belonged to him, but he looked far too distressed to be lying. It was clear that this daddy was looking for his baby. "You said her name was Sophia? Little girl in a pink sweater--"

"And blue jeans, and light up sneakers. Her hair is brown and I put it in pigtails this morning," Scott cut her off desperately. "Please tell me where she is."

The woman quickly looked at the computer screen in front of her. "Photo Mania on the third floor."

As grateful as he was to have a lead, his emotions couldn't stop him from being annoyed. "She's not here?"

"I'm sorry, sir. I know this is stressful," she said sympathetically. "She's on the third floor, and from what I know of the people who work there, she's in good hands."

That was all he needed to hear. He quickly thanked her and dashed off again, this time up to the third floor. He was definitely going to have to scrape together a few pennies for a massage after this. He ran for what felt like hours before finally getting to Photo Mania, doing the same rush-in routine he'd done in the other stores. "Sophia?!" he asked out, looking around the store.
Colt Cabana
Colt Cabana
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellie Colton Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:57 pm

Before Ellie had a chance to answer, Sophia shot up from where they were sitting, with her Barbie in hand. "That's my Daddy!" she said excitedly and ran off with the doll over to where Scott was. It was all so fast and Ellie went to follow after her to make sure that it was in fact Sophia's Dad.

"Hi Daddy!" Sophia grinned as she ran over to him. "Look! I have a pretty Barbie and I get to keep it." she said showing him her doll as she smiled. This little girl had no idea how terrified she made him feel and didn't think anything was wrong. Of course what kid did? They unintentionally get in trouble and then act all innocent, ha. Well, sometimes.

As Ellie was walking over and saw the interaction with Sophia and her Dad, she felt like it was confirmed enough just by the way Sophia reacted, clearly she recognizing her father. The more Ellie saw them together, the more Ellie realized she knew him as well. Sort of. It took her a second since he looked different but she remembered his name was Scott and that he was a friend of Punk's. They briefly met when Punk returned from deployment about two years ago. Being that she hung around Punk and Lacy so much, you would think they would have crossed paths again but nope. She hadn't seen him since. He looked different, as one would look after a couple of years, but not in a bad way. He seemed to have gotten himself into better shape and even had a beard now; which are reasons why she didn't recognize him at first.

She was sure he wouldn't remember her either as she also looked a little different and clearly he had been kept busy with his adorable daughter and possibly a significant other.

"Look Ellie! It's my Daddy!" Sophia said as Ellie joined them.

"I told you we would find him." she said, giving Sophia a reassuring smile. "Hi, I'm Ellie." she introduced once she approached where the two were. "I heard her crying and saw she was lost and scared, so I brought her over to keep her safe and calm." She could see just how stressed he was and figured she would explain how Sophia wandered in here with her.
Ellie Colton
Ellie Colton
Exclusive Updater
Exclusive Updater

Sagittarius Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum